Our G500 TXi and G600 TXi flight displays can now bring more capabilities to cockpit upgrades. Cirrus SR20/SR22 aircraft equipped with either legacy Avidyne flight displays or original flight instruments can now upgrade to the G500 TXi to display engine information. Additional enhancements to the TXi flight display series include DFC90 autopilot compatibility, new multi-function display (MFD) configurations, the display of additional engine parameters such as percent power and more. GFC 500 autopilot support is also expected for SR22/SR22T aircraft later this year. Also new, the turbine-engine equipped Piper PA46-500TP Malibu Meridian is compatible with the Engine Indication System (EIS) on the G500 TXi and G600 TXi flight displays. These upgrades are now available through select authorized Garmin dealers.
Cirrus SR20/SR22 TXi EIS display options
Cirrus aircraft equipped with legacy Avidyne flight displays can now easily upgrade to the G500 TXi to receive modern features and display capabilities, including the display of engine indications. Engine information such as percent power, turbocharged engine information, as well as support for electrical gauges displaying up to six parameters are also now available.
GFC 500 autopilot for the SR22/SR22T and Avidyne DFC90 autopilot compatibility
The GFC 500 is expected to be available for Cirrus SR22/SR22T aircraft models later in Q4, which will include features such as our Electronic Stability and Protection (ESP), descent vertical navigation (VNAV1) and more. The G500 TXi and G600 TXi systems are compatible with the Avidyne DFC90 autopilot in Cirrus SR20/SR22 aircraft models. When interfaced with an existing DFC90, both the G500 TXi and G600 TXi supports mode annunciation and full bug synchronization on the primary flight display (PFD). For added redundancy in aircraft equipped with dual attitude and heading reference system (AHRS), the DFC90 can utilize both sources of AHRS data. In the unlikely event of an AHRS failure, pilots have the option of selecting which AHRS source to use, allowing the autopilot to remain fully functional.
New display page configurations and additional features
The 10.6-inch TXi flight display now features an MFD/EIS layout design, showing EIS data in a single strip on either side of the flight display that occupies 20% of the display. As an example, pilots now have the option of displaying moving map information on the remaining 80% of the flight display, or they can evenly split that into two windows (40% and 40% respectively) to show the moving map alongside an approach chart.
Turbine aircraft EIS
The Piper PA46-500TP is the latest addition to a growing list of aircraft that are capable of interfacing with the TXi system to display EIS information. Pratt & Whitney PT6A turboprop engine display compatibility is currently available for several popular aircraft models, including the Cessna 208/208B, Daher TBM 700/TBM 850 and the PA46-310P/350P JetPROP. The Piper PA46-500TP is compatible with the G500 TXi & G600 TXi and can display EIS information alongside PFD/MFD information on a single display. Features of the EIS system for turbine aircraft include engine timers, exceedance recordings, dynamic engine indications, as well as wireless data logging that combine to improve engine efficiency and reduce maintenance costs.
Additional features of the latest TXi upgrade include:
These new features for the G500 TXi and G600 TXi flight displays are available now through the Garmin dealer network. The TXi series also come with a two-year warranty, which is supported by our award-winning aviation support team. For additional information, visit www.garmin.com/TXi or contact a local Garmin authorized dealer.
1.When paired with the GTN or GTN Xi navigator series.
The post G500 TXi and G600 TXi Flight Display Enhancements Now Available appeared first on Garmin Blog.